Posted by Charbax on 22nd October 2010
Some users over at the German android-hilfe.de forums are reporting that they have been able to walk down and buy the Archos 101 Internet Tablet at the major German retailer Saturn in Frankfurt Germany. Here are some of the pictures that have been posted:
Here are some of the initial user reports:
1. The Display is very good. Its reflecting yes but the Quality is very good. The contrast is good and realy bright.
2. Touch is fantastic. Its a very big difference between resistive and capazitive. Everything instantly reacts and you hit the smallest buttons precizely.
3. The Android is very well fitted to the operating control of the Archos. Everything seams thought-out, the Navigation is very easy to manage.
4. Wlan does work instantly very well. After you enter the SSID, the passwort and IPs the Network was avaible in secounds
5. UPnP (the most important kriteria for me) does work instantly. I opened Media-Player, did select Storage, then external Storage/UPnP and then the Archos did display my Storage and offer Streams (Music, Video and Pictures). One click at my music title and it did play instantly. Very well done. Thats what I have dreamt of!
6. Sound is good! No noise, whatsoever. With headphones realy great.
7. All of the manufactoring is faultless. The body unit is very high quality and stable. It is very lightwight!
8. The Archos Market does work instantly. No Register or anything needed.
The Archos 101 Internet Tablet can be pre-ordered at Amazon Germany for 299€ and it should be available at Amazon US soon for $299. I don’t know exactly how soon the Archos 101 Internet Tablet will be broadly available through all the worldwide resellers, but given these first sales happening with Saturn in Germany, it shouldn’t be long at all before all the worldwide resellers get it in stock, keep an eye on the forum for when it starts to become available: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewforum.php?f=63
You can discuss this news in the forum: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=38724
Posted in Uncategorized | View Comments