Review of the Archos 2 mp3 player, the current cheapest mp3 player with 8GB ($59), 16GB ($99), 4GB ($39) having such a nice color 1.8″ LCD screen for videos and pictures. It’s main selling point is that it’s much cheaper than the competing devices by Sandisk, Dell, and Apple’s ipod nano.
Review of the Archos 5 TV Snap-On accessory that let’s you watch and record DVB-T (freeview) signals city-wide and country-wide for most European countries which already have good DVB-T coverage. It comes with a dual diversity antenna system that allows you to get the best ever reception for a mobile DVB-T receiver, it picks in real-time the best available signal while you walk around or move your device around when at the football match, at work, in school, on the bus, on the train, anywhere especially in densely populated areas which have good DVB-T coverage.
3. Install the friendfeed notifier on your Windows/Mac/Linux desktop and receive real-time popup notifications on your desktop when other users post in the http://friendfeed.com/archosfans channel. You can then easilly click to go reply and discuss the topic there.
4. If you think that your forum posts are very interesting for a broad friendfeed channel audience to look at anmd to get updates about, you are welcome to promote your forum.archosfans.com threads on http://friendfeed.com/archosfans by simply explaining them briefly and linking to them.
5. If you have an Archos related blog, twitter account or anything like that, we can add your feed to http://friendfeed.com/archosfans and thus try to improve the amount of real-time coverage that we can all have for Archos related news, discussions, ideas and whatever else.
6. I am not saying that I believe this twitter/friendfeed stuff will work great in the future, I just think friendfeed looks a little more usable than twitter. Their new real-time AJAX interface backend could be really interesting to basically make some kind of mix between a Chat, random twittering, RSS aggregating Archos related feeds and discussing whatever actual topics are Archos related on the Internet. Any Archos user can post questions and get real-time answers on there. Promote the forum’s most interesting threads and discuss them there. Post new Archos Youtube videos as soon as they are made and plenty more. Eventually we can also record ArchosFans podcasts using audio, perhaps even live video streaming from events.
7. Eventually we will all subscribe to this http://friendfeed.com/archosfans channel on our Archos Android devices, which will then popup real-time notifications on our Archos HSDPA device everytime something new happens in the Archos universe. Later I expect friendfeed to also implement all kinds of relevancy filtering so you will be able to filter how much of the noise that you will want to be notified about in real-time.